Romantic Book Square
Wilt u reageren op dit bericht? Maak met een paar klikken een account aan of log in om door te gaan.

Romantic Book Square

Dit is een forum waar wij eens lekker kunnen babbelen over boeken, )

IndexPortalLaatste afbeeldingenRegistrerenInloggen

Suzanne Enoch - After the kiss

Ga naar beneden 
3 plaatsers
AuteurBericht
carpathian queen

carpathian queen

Aantal berichten : 276
Leeftijd : 46
Registration date : 01-02-08

Wat lees je?
Schrijster: Cherry Adair
Titel: Edge of Darkness
Tot nu toe?: Goed

Suzanne Enoch - After the kiss Empty
BerichtOnderwerp: Suzanne Enoch - After the kiss   Suzanne Enoch - After the kiss Icon_minitimezo okt 05, 2008 2:50 pm

Suzanne Enoch - After the kiss N251768

Sullivan Waring is a horse breeder by day, but a thief by night. When he came back from France after war, he found out his father (he's a bastard and not aknowledged by his father) stole the paintings his mother left him and gave them away to his friends. He might be the bastard of a marquis, but he will never be one of the ton. So there is but one option... To take them without asking...
But one of his missions goes wrong when he is faced with Lady Isabel Chalsey. To escape he distracts her with a kiss, but the event turns against him when he realises afterwards she took of his mask and saw his face.

He will even regret it more when she meets him the very next day and blackmails him into training a horse for her...

But when he is forced to deal with her on daily basis, he starts to see behind the spoiled, strong headed girl. Their attraction grows, but he won't give up his revenge and she won't give up her life in the ton... So how do they deal with their growing feelings without ruining them both.

After the Griffin series, I was hoping Enoch would once again write a series that could equal Lessons of Love and With this Ring. When I was through the first chapters, I thought that was not going to happen... Isabel was strong and indecisive, even insulting... Sullivan wasn't that bad, but he could have been more set on breaking Isabel's hold over him... But then they kiss again and from then the story changes... It becomes fun, enthralling and exciting.

Isabel is evolving from a selfish, spoiled chit into a woman than sees the world isn't everything she thought it was. That life within the ton isn't always great when you are no part of it or when they think you might cross the border... and becoming friends with a common is surely very close to that border... But then she show she has a backbone and deals with it in a way you have to admire. It's hard and not always the way we think it should be, but it's realistic and heartbreaking and you just keep wondering how they will solve the difference in class between them.

Sullivan is born on the wrong side of the bed. But the hard part is that his dad is a paragon and won't aknowledge his son. This leaves Sullivan outside the ton, but also outside the common people. When he meets Isabel he knows their passion is due to destroy them both, but how hard he might try, trying to stay away from he is the one thing he can't seem to do. Still, even as they both aknowledge their feelings, he won't have her ruined.

As I said, the first part of the book was a bit slow, I didn't like Isabelle and I was waiting for the book to explode instead of just going on... When you have read the LiL of WtR series you know Enoch is capable of grand things and you just want to feel that again...
But then we sees the progress in the book, you start to like Isabelle and Sullivan is showing his arrogance and his education showing. At that point you get drawn in the book and it won't leave you until the very last page... Wondering how Isabel will handle all that is coming her way, how they will find each other and perhaps even more important, how to keep each other...
There is no miracle coming, no liberty the writer takes (as far as I'm aware of) just the realistic view of a man born in the common class and a gem of the ton and how, even though their love is strong, they do have other things to consider besides their feelings.

I hope the 2nd one will satisfy as well, and Lord Bram... OMG... He will give Saint a run for his money ... He'll get his book in April 2009 and I so hope this will be her best book ever ;-))
Terug naar boven Ga naar beneden
http://www.carpathianqueen.com
Lady Caella
Admin
Lady Caella

Aantal berichten : 582
Leeftijd : 49
Registration date : 08-02-08

Wat lees je?
Schrijster: Gena Showalter
Titel: The darkest pleasure
Tot nu toe?: Moet nog beginnen

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Suzanne Enoch - After the kiss   Suzanne Enoch - After the kiss Icon_minitimema okt 06, 2008 5:25 pm

Hmmm...ondanks dat het eerste gedeelte een beetje moeizaam opgang kwam, ben ik toch wel benieuwd naar deze serie.

Ik heb de eerste twee delen in huis, dus wie weet zal ik er eerdaags eens induiken Wink lol!

Hugs
Natasja
http://www.romanticbooksquare.nl
carpathian queen

carpathian queen

Wat lees je?

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Suzanne Enoch - After the kiss   Suzanne Enoch - After the kiss Icon_minitimeza okt 11, 2008 5:39 pm

Ik heb net deel 2 ook uit en my oh my... Enoch ten top...
Ik kreeg kriebels de momenten dat hij haar tegen de muur plakt Razz lachtte toen Sully en Bram verschenen... Kortom een geweldig verhaal...

Jammer dat deel 3 (Bram dus) maar in april uitkomt Sad
Lady Caella
Admin
Lady Caella

Wat lees je?

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Suzanne Enoch - After the kiss   Suzanne Enoch - After the kiss Icon_minitimema okt 13, 2008 10:14 am

Okay nu maakt je mij toch best wel nieuwsgierig naar deze boeken.

Ik denk dat ik mijn lees planning even om moet gooien lol!
carpathian queen

carpathian queen

Wat lees je?

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Suzanne Enoch - After the kiss   Suzanne Enoch - After the kiss Icon_minitimewo okt 15, 2008 10:32 am

Je kan misschien gelijk wachten tot Bram uitkomt in april... Hij is zon 'n kolfje naar onze hand I love you tongue
Lady Caella
Admin
Lady Caella

Wat lees je?

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Suzanne Enoch - After the kiss   Suzanne Enoch - After the kiss Icon_minitimewo okt 15, 2008 1:16 pm

Laughing Laughing Ja, dat kan ik natuurlijk ook doen.....gewoon 6 maanden wachten....

Okay, dus die Bram is echt iets voor ons...hmmmm...ik kan niet wachten Wink
carpathian queen

carpathian queen

Wat lees je?

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Suzanne Enoch - After the kiss   Suzanne Enoch - After the kiss Icon_minitimewo okt 15, 2008 3:10 pm

Razz het is niet dat je niets te lezen hebt ondertussen, he Suspect Razz
Lady Caella
Admin
Lady Caella

Wat lees je?

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Suzanne Enoch - After the kiss   Suzanne Enoch - After the kiss Icon_minitimewo okt 15, 2008 3:55 pm

carpathian queen schreef:
Razz het is niet dat je niets te lezen hebt ondertussen, he Suspect Razz

Pfffff...inderdaad, ik heb ook helemaal niets te lezen Wink , die TBR pile is enorm lang, ik weet af en toe niet eens wat ik beet moet pakken....hahaha..
Marisa
Admin
Marisa

Aantal berichten : 314
Leeftijd : 42

Wat lees je?
Schrijster:
Titel:

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Suzanne Enoch - After the kiss   Suzanne Enoch - After the kiss Icon_minitimema maa 09, 2009 3:16 pm

hahahah heb de eerste 2 delen ook op de plank staan uhh al een tijdje en had vrees, ik bedoel haar laatste serie heeft me nou niet echt gelukkig gemaakt maar als ik dit dan weer zo lees denk ik oke oke ik w8 tot dat bram er is en dan ga ik er eens even voor zitten. Very Happy en hoop ik in mij I love you dat ik mijn enoch weer terug zie.
Gesponsorde inhoud

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Suzanne Enoch - After the kiss   Suzanne Enoch - After the kiss Icon_minitime

Suzanne Enoch - After the kiss
Terug naar boven 
Pagina 1 van 1
 Soortgelijke onderwerpen
-
» Suzanne Enoch - Always a scoundrel
» Gena Showalter - The darkest kiss
» Deborah Cooke - Kiss of fury
» Deborah Cooke - Kiss of fate
» Red Kiss (Gods of midnight series book 2)

Permissies van dit forum:Je mag geen reacties plaatsen in dit subforum
Romantic Book Square :: Boeken :: Historische :: Beoordelingen-
Ga naar: