Romantic Book Square
Wilt u reageren op dit bericht? Maak met een paar klikken een account aan of log in om door te gaan.

Romantic Book Square

Dit is een forum waar wij eens lekker kunnen babbelen over boeken, )

IndexPortalLaatste afbeeldingenRegistrerenInloggen

Sarah McCarty - Caine's Reckoning (Hell's Eight book 1)

Ga naar beneden 
5 plaatsers
AuteurBericht
Lady Caella
Admin
Lady Caella

Aantal berichten : 582
Leeftijd : 49
Registration date : 08-02-08

Wat lees je?
Schrijster: Gena Showalter
Titel: The darkest pleasure
Tot nu toe?: Moet nog beginnen

Sarah McCarty - Caine's Reckoning (Hell's Eight book 1) Empty
BerichtOnderwerp: Sarah McCarty - Caine's Reckoning (Hell's Eight book 1)   Sarah McCarty - Caine's Reckoning (Hell's Eight book 1) Icon_minitimema jun 23, 2008 2:07 pm

Sarah McCarty - Caine's Reckoning (Hell's Eight book 1) Cainesreckoning

Texas Ranger Caine Allen is a man with a hard past and live. At an early age he lost his family and grew up in a world full of violence and hunger. Together with seven other men, almost with the same background as he, he started Hell’s Eight, a ranch that will be breeding horses in the near future, but right now Caine and his friends Sam & Tracker are hired to rescue some abducted women. Caine could not imagine being impressed by the strength of one of the victims, Desdemona Blake.

Desdemona “Desi” Blake is a young woman, who lost everyone she loved, her parents and brother are dead, and her twin sister kidnapped by Comancheros and her own life is a living hell. She has been held captive by her guardian and uses as a “sex” slave for several upstanding men in her town. So being kidnapped by some locals is her only change to escape, but then the Texas Rangers rescue her and the other women. She begs Caine not to bring her back to her guardian James Haddock. Caine ignores her plea, but when he meets James Haddock and sees the way Desi react to him, the only thing to save her from continued harm is to take her to Hell’s Eight, as his wife.

Little by little Caine discovers the truth about Desi’s past and there is only one thing on his mind…revenge.

Caine’s reckoning by Sarah McCarty is the first novel in the Hell’s Eight series and it’s one hell of a book. I cannot describe the feeling I had when I finished the book. This book is full of emotions, hurting from past experience and defiantly true love. Just the way that love can conquer all things, even after what both main characters had been through.

The relationship between main characters Caine and Desi started difficult. Both of them had a very hard and difficult past, especially Desi. She lost her parents and brother, her twin sister is kidnapped by Comancheros and she lives in hell, as “sex” toy of her guardian James Haddock. But her determination is huge; she will escape her live and find her missing sister. The moment she meets Caine, she knows he is a man of his words and when he promise her to find her sister and keep her safe in the meantime, she believes him. But can she trust him with her heart and let him in her bed, after all she been through?
Caine Allen, a Texas Ranger and owner of the ranch Hell’s Eight is determined to breed horses and succeed. But when he rescue Desi Blake and marries her to keep her safe from her guardian, she will be his number one priority. The moment he discovers the truth about Desi and her past, he will do anything to find her sister and get his revenge on the men who abused Desi. His mission now will be to get Desi to believe he sees her as a beautiful and loving woman and not the whore she think she is.

As secondary characters we see the other Hell’s Eight men, all impressive men with their own past to deal with. The only woman on Hell’s Eight is Tia, an elderly lady who lost her husband and child in the war and took the men in when they were younger. And they have just one rule, the moment you become a part of Hell’s Eight family, they will do anything in their power to protect you.

I have to say Westerns are not my favourite genre to read, but Sarah McCarty convinces me otherwise. With this novel she caught my attention and hold that all the way through the book. I could really feel the pain and emotions Desi was feelings, during her abused life. Her determination to survive was huge and that’s what I really like in a character. I hope Desi will find her missing sister in one of the following novels.

A little warning for you all, the sex scenes are raw but it will fit perfectly in this story. I for one am curious enough to see what will happen with Sam, in Sarah McCarty next novel Sam’s Creed.
Terug naar boven Ga naar beneden
http://www.romanticbooksquare.nl
Becky

Becky

Aantal berichten : 144
Registration date : 29-04-08

Wat lees je?
Schrijster: Christine Feehan
Titel: Dark Symphonie
Tot nu toe?: Geweldig

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Sarah McCarty - Caine's Reckoning (Hell's Eight book 1)   Sarah McCarty - Caine's Reckoning (Hell's Eight book 1) Icon_minitimedi jun 24, 2008 9:06 pm

Hi Lady C.,

Je hebt me nu erg nieuwsgierig gemaakt Very Happy Bedankt voor je review cheers

Groetjes,
Becky Wink
Lady Caella
Admin
Lady Caella

Wat lees je?

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Sarah McCarty - Caine's Reckoning (Hell's Eight book 1)   Sarah McCarty - Caine's Reckoning (Hell's Eight book 1) Icon_minitimewo jun 25, 2008 4:48 pm

Graag gedaan hoor Becky, het is een heerlijk boek om te lezen. Ik ben zelf geen voorstander van Western verhalen, maar in dit verhaal merk je dat helemaal niet. Sarah McCarty weet heel de gevoelens en emoties te beschrijven.

Ik heb inmiddels deel 2 "Sam's creed" gepre-orderd Wink

Hugs
Natasja
Moon

Moon

Aantal berichten : 30
Leeftijd : 36
Registration date : 06-05-08

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Sarah McCarty - Caine's Reckoning (Hell's Eight book 1)   Sarah McCarty - Caine's Reckoning (Hell's Eight book 1) Icon_minitimewo jun 25, 2008 6:05 pm

Ik heb nog nooit n Erotica gelezen, maar deze klinkt toch wel heel erg verleidelijk Wink *puts it on her too long wishlist*
Lady Caella
Admin
Lady Caella

Wat lees je?

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Sarah McCarty - Caine's Reckoning (Hell's Eight book 1)   Sarah McCarty - Caine's Reckoning (Hell's Eight book 1) Icon_minitimewo jun 25, 2008 8:24 pm

Moon schreef:
*puts it on her too long wishlist*

Laughing Laughing dit klinkt erg bekend...die van mij is ook super lang
carpathian queen

carpathian queen

Aantal berichten : 276
Leeftijd : 46
Registration date : 01-02-08

Wat lees je?
Schrijster: Cherry Adair
Titel: Edge of Darkness
Tot nu toe?: Goed

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Sarah McCarty - Caine's Reckoning (Hell's Eight book 1)   Sarah McCarty - Caine's Reckoning (Hell's Eight book 1) Icon_minitimewo jun 25, 2008 9:13 pm

Klinkt niet als my cup of tea, maar wel heel leuke review Razz
http://www.carpathianqueen.com
dream mistress

dream mistress

Aantal berichten : 32
Leeftijd : 51
Registration date : 08-05-08

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Sarah McCarty - Caine's Reckoning (Hell's Eight book 1)   Sarah McCarty - Caine's Reckoning (Hell's Eight book 1) Icon_minitimezo jun 29, 2008 11:00 pm

Ik heb het niet zo op Western verhalen, maar deze klinkt wel in mijn straatje..

Marissa
Lady Caella
Admin
Lady Caella

Wat lees je?

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Sarah McCarty - Caine's Reckoning (Hell's Eight book 1)   Sarah McCarty - Caine's Reckoning (Hell's Eight book 1) Icon_minitimema jun 30, 2008 10:12 am

Ik moet eerlijk toegeven dat ik ook niet gek bent op Western verhalen, maar bij deze merk je het niet zo en dat vind ik juist leuk. Ik geef de serie nog even de voordeel van de twijfel en probeer deel 2 ook nog even uit.

Hugs
Natasja
Gesponsorde inhoud

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Sarah McCarty - Caine's Reckoning (Hell's Eight book 1)   Sarah McCarty - Caine's Reckoning (Hell's Eight book 1) Icon_minitime

Sarah McCarty - Caine's Reckoning (Hell's Eight book 1)
Terug naar boven 
Pagina 1 van 1
 Soortgelijke onderwerpen
-
» Christine Warren en Sarah McCarty
» Monica McCarty - Highlander untamed (MacLeod of Skye Trilogy book 1)
» Jennifer Ashley, Joy Nash & Robin T. Popp - The reckoning
» Monica McCarty - Highland warrior
» Monica McCarty - Highland outlaw

Permissies van dit forum:Je mag geen reacties plaatsen in dit subforum
Romantic Book Square :: Boeken :: Erotica :: Beoordelingen-
Ga naar: